Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The chillins arrive!






Their arrival!!!


Robert and Maggie arrived in Detroit late Monday night. It was so exciting to finally get them to Michigan! We drove to the cabin and their reaction was subdued to say the least. Maggie immediately plopped herself down at the computer and 15 minutes later declared, "I'm already bored!" She was kidding.... I think! The bathroom logistics took some explanation because I don't think they completely believed us when we said it's either the outhouse 30 steps up the hill, or the flush toilet 1/4 mile away on an icy road. The next morning I was explaining to them that when you answer the phone you say, "Friend's Lake" and then take any reservations for the cabins if necessary. Robert goes, "Friend's Lake.......run away! Save yourself!" But I think they are getting used to it. I have my suspicions that they think we like it too much and they are afraid we will want to stay here forever. We drove them around Ann Arbor and University of Michigan which they liked a lot.



The stadium in Ann Arbor




Maggie's sorority's house
at U of M (Tri Delt)

No comments: