Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The ICE!


I can handle the snow, sort of handle the single digit weather, I'm getting used to the long trek to the flush toilet (I love saying that!) but the ICE! I am having such a hard time navigating the ICE! I waddle around like I'm 9 months pregnant, taking the tiniest of baby steps but I still slip and slide, even poor Roxy slides all over the place. I don't understand how the elderly get around. It's so dangerous! A large icicle fell on my head the other day as I was leaving the front door, but I was so preoccupied with looking at the ice on the ground that it just bounced off my hood. We were in the Subaru the other day after everything froze the night before under huge sheets of ice and we could hear large chunks of ice falling off the car onto the road and I said to Steve, "it's like that doomed space shuttle". Then a few days later it warmed up and everything is melted! Now it's snowing again, but I don't think they get the huge snow packs like in the Sierras. No wonder flooding is a problem in the midwest!

No comments: