Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I sing the Messiah! Not!




Well! Over a week has gone by and I haven't added anything to the blog. There's a lot of pressure for life to look somewhat interesting! The Sunday before Christmas I was invited to participate in an ad hoc version of Handel's Messiah in Ann Arbor. They do it at an Episcopalian church/Jewish temple and they have been doing it for over 40 years. Whoever wants to participate is welcome and musicians and singers all gather for a totally unrehearsed version of Handel's work. There is a conductor and I think most of the musicians have either done the music or are very good musicians because the music sounded wonderful. Somehow I was seated in the front row of the tenor section, I wanted just to observe but I was given the book and ended up standing with the tenors, mouthing along with what sounded like professional tenors behind me. It was a lot of fun!

No comments: